Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Freaky picture Tuesday: My Harry Potter moment. Warning, Hexed post for non Hp fans

I was coming back from a friend's place, walking pretty quickly because for one thing, it was cold, and for another it was really dark and it was an alleyway  where hippies and other drunks usually hand around. And then, at one desrted clearing, near a pile of unspeakable things, I saw this:


To an untrained eye of course it's an ordinary dirty old boot, but to an experienced Harry Potter wizard's or witch's eye, or Harry Potter fans such as myself, we know what this is. It's a portkey no doubt. Thank God for Blackberry, I was able to capture this epic moment.

Any one who has read Harry Potter or at least watched the movie knows the function of a portkey.


A portkey is an object enchanted to instantly bring anyone touching it to a specific location. Most of the time, a portkey is an everyday object that would not draw attention to a muggle. Things such as boots, hangers, hair brush and a list of other random things are good examples of portkeys. Traveling by portkey is said to feel like having a hook somewhere  behind the navel, pulling the traveler to their location



Which brings me to my last picture. I think it goes without saying that I might have to disinfect that glove but I just could not resist, I'm sure other HP fans would agree. So I touched it, and even though it was about half an hour later, I reached my location, HOME.

Watch the video guys, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to know what your thoughts are on this post